|Ron Gordon is a proud Barkingee man, who was born in Bourke on 5/4/43. He is a happily married man with three (3) grown children and nine (9) grandchildren. Ron has lived in the Newcastle over 24 years and has been involved in many of the Aboriginal organisations.
Ron was employed by the Aboriginal Hostels for 13 years and is currently employed as the Co-ordinator of Awabakal Local Aboriginal Land Council.
Ron has been on many other committees including:
· Served on the board of the Awabakal Newcastle Aboriginal Co-op for 18 years and 12 of these as Chairperson.
· Co-Founder of Gu-Dgodah Youth Accommodation (youth at risk).
· Member of Aboriginal Advisory Committee of the Lake Macquarie City Council and the Guraki Newcastle City Council.
· Manager of Kirinari Aboriginal Youth Hostel – 1990 to 1997
· Member, Newcastle University Board of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education.
Ron has been a Fountain Member of Yarnteen since 1991.