Yarnteen Ltd
Home > Enterprises & Investments > Equity Investments
About Our Equity Investments
The Equity Investment Strategy aims to increase our asset base to a size which will give leverage when establishing major enterprises and contribute  to the economic sustainability of Yarnteen.

 Scarborough House (Canberra)      

Scarborough House, located in Woden, ACT, is a 15 storey office complex which IBA purchased from the Australian Commonwealth Government in 2001.

Along with IBA, there are currently 4 Aboriginal partners. They are Yarnteen Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Corporation, Gundjehmi Aboriginal Corporation, Wunan Foundation Inc and Groote Eylandt & Bickerton Island Enterprises Aboriginal Corporation.

During 2004 and 2005 Scarborough House was refurbished in a major project that involved a total reconstruction, including the façade and an increase in the floor plates on the northern and western aspects.

The reconstruction increased the net lettable area from 11,000m2 to 16,777m2. The building now contains A-grade office accommodation with a SEDA 4-star energy rating. Approximately 98% of the building is leased to an Australian Government tenant and the remaining 2% on the ground floor leased as a café.